Digitization is the core of every business these days. If you cannot digitize your business, you have quite practically done it. However, while it may appear that it is largely the web developers who run the show, there also seems to be an obscure sect of people who make sure websites are user-friendly – Website testers.
People these days get paid for testing websites. They help with understanding functionality, usability and refining the design of a website.
- User Testing: User Testing is one of the more well-known websites that pay users to test websites. One ideally has to test a website and offer comprehensive reviews about the same. User Testing pays about $10 per test and one can get 1-2 tests per week.
- WhatUsersDo: WhatUsersDo is another excellent site that allows you to first practice testing websites and then gives you the main workload. You get 3-5 tests per month via mail and each test you take will pay you $5 via PayPal on the 25th of each month.
- User Test: UserTest is definitely a hot favourite as it does not even need a password to sign up. Just your email and that is it! You get paid $10 for each test and payment ideally reaches you within 2 days of testing the site
- UserFeel: Known for administering shorter tests (of 10-20 minute durations), and with a decent payout of $10, UserFeel is a hot pick among professional testers.
- TryMyUI: A place where web developers and testers meet, this website offers testers abundant options to choose from. Average earning potential on this one turns around $10 per test, the tests being hourly undertakings.
- Enroll: This website is open to all, as long as you have a PayPal account. This website stands out from the rest because you can do website testing on either your desktop, laptop or tablet. Offers are open to you using any device to do the test hence it is totally up to your preference or what you have available. These tests are fairly quick like selecting a logo you prefer. This is a great way to earn a couple of extra money if you only have some minutes to spare.
- Respondent: it is one of the highest paying companies that provide the chance for you to start testing sites for money. You can also give your opinion on all sorts of things related to the website and not just the usability. Once you sign up to the website, you will have immediate access to all the offers hence you will be able to browse through them and select the one that suits you straight away.
- TryMyUI: this offers a pretty reasonable rate for those who are looking to get paid to test websites. All the payments are made on Friday, hence you will get the amount quickly. Some of the tests are done by webcam but others are written, giving you a well-mixed option. However, you will have to go through pre-screening questions to make sure you are their target demographic. Once that is done, you are all set to test websites.